Monday, May 20, 2013

Ethan's Birthday

Ethan's birthday was yesterday.  He turned nine.  He wanted a new bike but suggested that I might consider giving him a bike and The Flash and an Oz book.  At least he knows what he wants and made an attempt at not sounding too greedy.   I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he told me he wanted a "Steamboat Willie" cake.  That's right, no simple Mickey Mouse for him.   Apparently, he thinks I'm Paula Deen or Ace of cakes or something.  I think I made it work.  For you Steel Magnolia fans, I even made gray icing!
Steamboat Willie cake

Blowing out the candles

Bike, green; CHECK!
The Flash, CHECK!

Oz book, CHECK!
  Ethan has a thing with green lately.  He wanted a green bike, a green cake, green shorts, green Oz, and I'm making green mint brownies for him to take to school today.  Happy Birthday, buddy!

4 comments:

  1. i think you did an amazing job!! we'll just call you the next duff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday for our wonderful handsome Ethan. You are so loved by us. Thanks for letting us share in your birthday through Hangout. We love you T H I S M U C H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber -- The cake turned out really nice. So Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Ethan!
    We love you.
    -the Reads

    ReplyDelete