Thursday, August 30, 2012

"Back" to the School

Yesterday was the first day of school.  Alyson and Ethan were not that excited about it, but Logan was.  I found that pretty surprising. We only had a couple of days between Yellowstone and school to get ready.  I gave the boys haircuts but I told Alyson that I would take her to a salon for the first time ever.  Normally I cut hers too.  Logan and Ethan's teachers requested money so that they could buy all the school supplies for their class.  I bought Alyson's school supplies and that total was more than $50 and I'm not quite done yet.

On the morning of the the first day of school, Ethan came to our bedroom and woke us up by telling us that Alyson couldn't breathe.  So we asked for more information, and he told us a story that we couldn't understand.  So we got up to find out what was going on.  Alyson and Ethan told me the following story:
It seems that the day before Alyson and Ethan had been watching Back to the Future and they got a great idea.  They decided to wake up early and put earphones in Logan's ears and then blast loud music to wake him up.  Remember this scene?  Anyway, apparently while they were getting ready to do this, Alyson told Ethan that he should get on her shoulders so that they would look taller and scarier.  Ethan climbed up and at this point, Alyson realizes she's not strong enough to do this.  She falls down and Ethan falls on top of her and knocks the wind out of her. I can't believe this brilliant plan went wrong!   She seems to have thrown out her back as well, so she kind of hobbled off to school.  I laughed about this all day.  It was as an awesome way to start the day.

Here are some pictures of them on their first day with their new haircuts.






6 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got really creative kids!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone is ready to impress their teachers. Good luck for a happy and successful new school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the best plan ever!!! they just make me laugh. they are so much fun. Did Alyson like the salon? They all look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyson I really really like your haircut. It is cute, perky and so sassy. You are a beautiful doll! Alyson, Ethan and Logan, all of you have a great year. Work hard. Remember, an education is a great gift. There are children here who would love to be able to go to school like you. Love ya All

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the clothes a lot they impressed the teachers I know. School is really important in now and for your whole life.
    We are doing a project to help children that can't even buy one pencil. Remember to count your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you grandma and grandpa. I really like it! After a little while me and ethan woke him up like that again. He did not get on my sholders but we did it like a piggy back ride. It was kind of funny. The first time it was scary though.Thank you for looking at our blogs. Tell grandpa arnie to look at them.

    ReplyDelete