Monday, May 28, 2012

St#ff Logan says

Logan is, how do I say this nicely, "strong-willed."  It's not necessarily a bad thing.  Sometimes frustrating and other times admirable.  He is an animated and funny kid, most people like having conversations with him.  However, he does have a very short fuse.  
The other day he was very mad about something.  I have learned that the best way to talk to him when is like this is to just repeat everything he says.  The other day he was mad, mad, mad about something I couldn't understand, and our ensuing conversation went something like this:
Logan: IT JUST MAKES ME SO MAD
Me: It makes you mad?
Logan: YES!!! I CAN'T FIND IT ANYMORE!
Me: You can't find "it"?  
Logan: I LOSE IT ALL THE TIME!
Me: Okay, now I'm confused, what do you lose?
(I've gone off script even daring to ask what "it" is.  The consequences could be fatal)
Logan: MY TEMPERATURE,  HELLO! (say hello with sarcasm)
Me: You lose your temperature, or your temper? (stifling laughter)
Logan: AAGH! YOU'RE NOT LISTENING, THAT'S WHAT I MEAN, MY TEMPER!
Me: Okay, well I hope you find it soon.


That was a fun one for me.  Almost as fun as the one I had with him this past Sunday. 


Ethan: Mom!! Logan is eating a gorilla poop!
Logan: NO I'M NOT!!! I'M JUST SMELLING THE GORILLA POOP!
Me: You're just smelling the gorilla poop?
Logan:YES!! I JUST LOVE HOW THE GORILLA POOP SMELLS.
Ethan: No, I saw you eating the gorilla poop.
Logan: ETHAN, I DID NOT!! I ONLY SMELLED THE GORILLA POOPS.


At this point I have to leave the room because I'm laughing too hard and Logan takes these things so seriously that I'm not allowed to laugh when he is this upset because it just escalates his anger.


I suppose it bears mentioning that Gorilla Poops are what I call those no bake  chocolate oatmeal cookies.  I had made them that morning for primary. 
   

4 comments:

  1. And I thought only Ella said crazy stuff! She usually says things like "that is totally fake unbelievable"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your conversations with your kids! Logan is awesome! So cute. That gorilla poop conversation is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these conversations. They are so Logan. I'm glad you have figured out how to talk with Logan when he is so angry. Sometimes it takes a lot of work to not be angry and to not lose your temperature. Hopefully he'll do better as he gets older. Have patience and keep working with him. He's one smart kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to read this again! It is freakin funny!!

    ReplyDelete